On one hand, businesses especially start-ups across the world have suffered and seen a sharp decline, on the other hand, there are start-ups that continue to have a high #valuation.
As of September 2020, the top 10 most valuable #unicorns come from:
1. #China – 3 names, including the top two.
2. #USA – 6 names
3. #India – 1 company
Few other interesting points/questions to look at:
• The valuation of the first company ByteDance is more than the total of the next three companies.
• Airbnb sits on the 6th rank. Would it be sitting at a better position, had it not been impacted by Covid?
• What makes companies in China and USA so successful? There are other countries also with a strong #startupecosystem. Why do companies from those countries not feature here?
• 7 out of 10 companies have got to do something with #technology. Is it fair to assume that such kind of valuation can only accrue to companies working in the tech space?
• Would SpaceX valuation fly through the roof once it tastes more success with its plans and timelines?
It will be interesting to see how this list looks like, by the end of the year and then by the first half of #2021.
332 total views, 7 views today